Heavy Winged Eye Liner

I mentioned in my pink smokey eye tutorial that I left all my makeup in California.  I was thinking I would need to have it sent but actually I have lasted so far, for which I am very proud, and I just think I will have to make it work.  But out of necessity brings forth beauty!  Did I just make that up?  Maybe, but it works!  I had one bag of my little odds and ends makeup which thankfully included a few necessities.  Mascara, foundation, and eye liner.  One of the eye liners that happened to be in the bag was a liquid eye liner from e.l.f.   Well, one of the days I was putting it on and kind of playing around, I ended up with a winged eye liner.  While playing a little more I made it thicker and I happened to love it.  So there, a tutorial was born.

It is actually a very easy look to do whether or not you are an accomplished beautician.  If you have used liquid liner before, you know that once you start applying it in a sweeping motion, it goes on rather smooth.  The great thing about this look is that you can start really thin and work your way to thicker making sure it is straight as you go.  That way you don’t have to do any erasing!

My hair in this photo is from the Big Beach Curls tutorial. Feel free to check it out if you haven’t already!
Here is the video tutorial for this look.  If you haven’t already seen our YouTube channel, we would love for you to check it out!  Subscribe for all our latest tutorials!

We are linking up to all our parties here.  Thanks for reading and have a great day!
All photos were edited by www.itsalyx.com– check her out she’s amazing!!

, ,

14 Responses to Heavy Winged Eye Liner

1. Kelley April 26, 2012 at 8:33 pm #

I love your tutorials! My favorite part is when you say ‘Hi its Natalia from Ma Nouvelle Mode!’  Dont know why.. just makes me happy.

Thanks for this tute too.. Ive wondered how to do it!

2. Gina @ Oaxacaborn April 28, 2012 at 8:37 am #

Love this look! Have yet to try liquid liner thought….I’m really not that adventurous am I?!

3. Western Warmth April 29, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

You have a lovely blog!  I’m just starting to wear make-up more regularly…it’s been a crazy year plus after having my fourth baby, that’s my only explanation.  But I love playing around with it.

Bobi

• Natalia May 1, 2012 at 1:56 pm #

That is an excellent explanation! I only have two kids and I feel like it’s hard for me to get into the groove of things. Or to find the time. Moms with more always impress me! Thanks for stopping by, hope you find lots of inspiration!

4. Stephanie April 29, 2012 at 5:37 pm #

Great tutorial! I need to keep practicing with this look, sometimes i can get it and sometimes it looks a little crazy 🙂

• Natalia May 1, 2012 at 8:10 am #

Ya, just have fun with it, you’ll probably figure out something that works for you. Thanks for your comment!

5. Heather April 30, 2012 at 7:23 am #

Love your tutorial, thanks for sharing…. I am now following!
    xoxo
    Heather

• Natalia May 1, 2012 at 8:09 am #

Oh that’s great, thank you so much!

6. Jenna April 30, 2012 at 11:34 am #

This tutorial just makes me sad.  It’s nothing you did, it’s just because a few weeks ago, I was freshening up my make-up with a brand new tube of Make-Up Forever liquid eyeliner, when I spazzed and dumped the whole thing on the shoulder of my brand new dress.  Dress: ruined.  New eyeliner: gone.  It was a sad day indeed.

• Natalia May 1, 2012 at 8:09 am #

Oh I am so sad for you! That really stinks!

1. Date Night Ready – In an Hour! | Ma Nouvelle Mode - July 25, 2012

[…] I used a Revlon palette called Moonlit.  I am going to do a tutorial on that soon.  I added a fun cat eye and some red lips.  I also added lashes.  These particular lashes are long enough to make a […]

2. The Art of the Cat Eye | Ma Nouvelle Mode - September 4, 2012

[…] did a video a little bit back on a thick winged liner and Christie has a post on how she does her cat eye look as well.  She also has a post how […]

3. White After Labor Day [Copy Cat Closet] - November 26, 2012

[…] used Natalia’s tutorial and it came out pretty good.  I used brown liner and some brown eyeshadow and threw on a little […]

4. Easy Holiday Makeup Looks | Ma Nouvelle Mode - December 9, 2013

[…] your cat eye to be or connect the dots like in this tutorial. You can have it thicker winged out like this or nice and thin. Here’s the tutorial for the picture above done by […]