Project Restyle- Kallie’s Big Reveal!

Ready for it!? Kallie and I had so.much.fun!

Here were the pieces we were working with.

As I was dressing Kallie we realized a couple of things:
Because she is so slender and straight (a good thing!) certain clothes completely hide her adorable figure and make her look “unwomanly”
Her preference for shoes (flats) has a tendency to “shorten” her legs  and pull her posture down.

Say Hi to the new “GORGEOUS” Kallie!

Kallie was a jeans and T-shirt kinda gal, and she NEVER wears heels. So we went out and purchased a whole outfit that I thought looked unbelievably good on her slight frame. This is the epitome of what flatters her body. Long and lean, accentuated waist and  comfortable platform shoes. She looked amazing and you can see by this picture that she FELT amazing!

Remember this Blouse? She felt like it always looked unbalanced? We paired it with super skinny jeans and added a camisole under it as a longer layer. This, again, elongated her waist and created a flow between the two pieces. And don’t forget about the heels! Can you see how it balances the lines in her body?

Nobody can say that you can’t see her shape now! Can they?! She is stunning….

This was the skirt that just felt wrong. The hemline was all wrong and paired with an untucked tank it just looked frumpy. So we pulled the skirt up to her natural waist with a tucked in tank, added a belt and pumps and voila! So simple yet so effective. We now see her waistline, lovely legs, and most importantly her confident smile!

This dress is adorable, but because of her slight frame it made her feel like a 4th grade girl. Sandals with this dress just made her legs look straight and the dress feel even younger. Nothing fixes an iffy dress like a fabulous cardigan and a belt. These two small things made the dress go from childish and unflattering to sassy and whimsical. And I don’t know about you but I thought this look was just screaming for boots. Totally completes the look

Ok I have to admit this is my FAVORITE look. I mean, the skirt and top are absolutely fabulous on their own! This goes to show you that the wrong shoes and cardigan can really distract from a great ensemble. All we did was remove the flats, leggings and cardigan, added some heels and let the pieces speak for themselves! So sophisticated, I am envious just looking at her. If she wanted to wear this on a cold day she could add a pair of opaque black tights and a cropped jacket. Flats would even work if they were black ballet flats.

Making  a winter skirt into a spring look is easier than you think! This is a great skirt and for winter she could wear her normal look with black boots and some great jewelry and she would be good to go. But tucking her tank in, adding a decorative belt and heels completely changed the skirt from a cozy winter option to a sophisticated spring night out look!

Woah! Even I didn’t anticipate how HOT this chick could look! This everyday tunic that she normally wears with jeans or leggings was turned into a hot night look by adding colored tights (and the great thing is ANY color would work with this top/dress) and a pair of heels. Doesn’t she look FIERCE……Takes my break away 🙂

Please note that all the Hair and Makeup above was super simple but super effective: I ran a straightening iron through her locks and added a bit of eyeshadow and mascara to her normal makeup and it really brightened up her look

Kallie does not wear much makeup normally and she just blow-dries her hair before running out the door in the morning. It would not have made much sense to do her hair and makeup in a way that she would NEVER do herself. So besides showing her how to use a straightening iron in her hair, I also showed her a quick and easy side pony. She learned how to tease her crown and twist her hair into a sophisticated look. Below you will see closer that adding Mascara, a bit of eyeshadow, pencil liner, blush and lip gloss truly make all her gorgeous features pop. Don’t underestimate the power of mascara and lipgloss! I only wish I had lips like hers 🙂

Would you like to be our next candidate for Project Restyle? Go ahead and contact me at Christie@manouvellemode.com!
Though we will be eventually equipped to restyle lovely ladies long distance, currently we are only able to work with ladies in the Greater Los Angeles Area.

XOXO- Christie

31 Responses to Project Restyle- Kallie’s Big Reveal!

1. Amy April 3, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

KALLIE!!!!!!! You look AMAZING!!!!!! Seriously. Christie did such a nice job and you are so beautiful naturally! EVERY look is stunning.

• Christie April 3, 2012 at 2:55 pm #

I agree! She was so easy to restyle because she is so gorgeous!

• Kallie April 6, 2012 at 10:02 pm #

Thanks! That’s really means a lot coming from you two lovely ladies.

2. Alyx April 3, 2012 at 2:58 pm #

Oh. My. Gosh.
    SERIOUSLY.
    If I lived in LA, I would BEG you to restyle me.
    SHE LOOKS AMAZING! And sooo much more confident. And it is so amazing what a good pair of heels can do for a person! Love her figure, love all the looks you picked, just love.

• Christie April 3, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

Thank you! One day we will make it happen! 🙂

3. Cam | Bibs & Baubles April 3, 2012 at 4:50 pm #

this is my first time at this site and i couldn’t agree more with the above comment!!!  GORGEOUS!!!

• Christie April 3, 2012 at 5:05 pm #

So happy you checked out our site! We are so so happy to have you! And I appreciate the comment 🙂

4. Kelly April 3, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

OMG!!!!!  She looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!  AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I want a makeover!!!!  I NEED a makeover!!!
    I wish i could just click my heels and I’d be on your doorstep!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Christie April 3, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

Thank you Thank you! We had such fun!

5. Nonnie April 3, 2012 at 9:48 pm #

Fabulous!!!

• Christie April 3, 2012 at 9:53 pm #

Thanks Nonnie! xoxo

6. Anna April 3, 2012 at 10:47 pm #

This is such a great idea! Gives me good ideas for myself 🙂

7. Liz McNeil April 4, 2012 at 6:47 am #

WOW! She looks great! Great way to show how to use her clothes! You can see confidence beam from her smile and all over look! Way to go!!

8. ChristyB April 4, 2012 at 8:52 am #

WOW! The transformations are amazing. Great job! She looks so happy and gorgeous.

• Christie April 4, 2012 at 9:47 am #

Thank you! Really appreciate your comment!

9. Tammi Durso April 4, 2012 at 9:13 am #

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Incredible restyle, girls!  Kallie is adorable, but got even more adorable with the right pairings.  My favorite is the one with the cowboy boots.  The dress went from what would have been in the “give away” pile right to the top of the “favorites” pile!  Great job!

• Christie April 4, 2012 at 9:45 am #

Seriously right! When I put that outfit on her I just about died! She is so gorgeous!

10. Sweet Juicy April April 4, 2012 at 9:34 am #

You are a great stylist!  I love all the outfits you chose.  She looks beautiful.

• Christie April 4, 2012 at 9:43 am #

Thank you! So appreciate the feedback!

11. Everyday Mom Style April 4, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

Great job showing some ‘real’ before and afters! Great tips on how to make small changes to each outfit!

• Christie April 4, 2012 at 1:18 pm #

Thanks! It really was so easy to spruce up her outfits! Its a good reminder for us all! 🙂

12. Katie April 4, 2012 at 2:25 pm #

WOW!!  she is beautiful!! Her outfits are great! I can’t pick my favorite outfit – I really like the white dress with the sweater belted over it!

13. Laura Ingalls Gunn April 5, 2012 at 6:48 am #

Well done! She looks completely adorable! Just add a basket and she’s ready for an Easter parade!

14. Cierra April 5, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

OK- come to Northern Cali and do it to me. 🙂 After I loose these last 15 (cough 20) pounds. Great job!

• Christie April 5, 2012 at 12:16 pm #

Hey you know what!? We can make this happen! You are so gorgeous is would be a piece of cake!

15. Andrea April 6, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

Wow! So I found this blog through “The Lookbook” and I love this Project Restyle! It’s so much fun to look through! You should definitely continue it 🙂
    I think my favorite style changes were with the white skirt, and the green blouse/black and yellow skirt.

And it’s very cool that you live in L.A.! I don’t live too far away from there.

• Christie April 6, 2012 at 8:33 pm #

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback! We are definitely going to keep up with the project 🙂 and I love Livig in LA how bout you !?

16. Kallie April 6, 2012 at 9:50 pm #

Thanks Christie for choosing me to restyle, your an awesome stylist. You should know that I can’t go shopping without you now. 😉

17. Marisa June 29, 2012 at 1:48 am #

You look so hot with the coloured tights!! Wow.

1. Project Restyle- Kallie’s Big Reveal! | High Heels - April 4, 2012

[…] Continued here: Project Restyle- Kallie’s Big Reveal! […]

2. Features at Ma Nouvelle Mode | Ma Nouvelle Mode - April 6, 2012

[…] Project restyle!  This one is so much fun!  We have done two so far, one yet to be featured, and we cannot wait to do more.  What it is, basically, is taking a lady who feels stuck in a style rut.  Maybe clothes they’ve worn forever, they don’t feel fashionable, or maybe they just want to try a different style and have it fit them.  We we are here to help.  Check out our first project restyle of Kallie to get the idea!  We plan on doing women of all ages, different situations and different styles.  If you are interested in being restyled, you can contact Christie at christie@manouvellemode.com.  Although we are planning on going digital, right now we are only accepting women in the Los Angeles or Ventura County area. […]