Rachel McAdams Double Braided Headband

As you’re reading this, I am flying over the ocean back to California for the weekend.  Because I’m a balla like that.  Not really, but it makes me feel cool to say that.  I can’t tell you just yet why I am going to Cali, unless you already know, then that’s fine. If you don’t, stay tuned, it’s kinda fun!!
Today I have a tutorial that resembles Rachel McAdams double braided headband that you may or may not have seen floating around the internet.  It is super easy, but simple and beautiful, so I gave it a whirl!  Here is the inspiration:

And here is mine:

I know this next picture is totally overexposed, but I thought it looked cool.  So you got to see it.  You’re welcome.

The red lips and makeup are from the e.l.f. makeup tutorial. Love me some red lips now-a-days!  Also love this hairdo.

Mines kinda messy because I did it using the webcam as a mirror and let’s just say, it’s not the same.  Here is the video tutorial, I hope you like it!!

{Warning: country music ahead. Just in case you don’t like it, push mute now!}

Go enter the Smokey Eye Kit Giveaway from yesterday!  It’s super easy to enter, just follow here!  Winner announced Friday!  That’s lots of !! I must be excited about it… haha

Now off to sleep in my comfy hotel bed.  It’s so big, makes me miss my hubby for a sec.  Then I remember, alone time, and I’m good.
Happy Thursday!

Follow Ma Nouvelle Mode

, , , ,

18 Responses to Rachel McAdams Double Braided Headband

1. Mandy November 3, 2011 at 5:39 pm #

OOOOOO I've been looking for hair inspiration for my wedding-do! I love your hair how-to's! Thanks! I will be trying this!

2. rszamroz November 3, 2011 at 7:03 pm #

I love this! I wish I could braid my own head but I always have trouble!

3. Vanilla - Notes from my closet November 3, 2011 at 8:40 pm #

I love to plait and braid my hair 🙂 keeps it neat and is a nice change from the norm 🙂

Love, Vanilla

4. Melissa November 4, 2011 at 3:07 am #

Love this! I will have to try it sometime!! and yay for alone time, sometimes mama needs some time!

5. ilene @ muchloveilly November 4, 2011 at 3:41 am #

so pretty! need to try this one, too!!! loving all of these tutorials, friend.

6. Jamie - Snow In December November 4, 2011 at 8:56 pm #

I LOOOOOOVE this hairstyle!!!!

7. Aurelie D. November 5, 2011 at 12:42 am #

pshhhh the music just makes it that much better!!! love your hair tutorials. they are such great inspiration.

8. MiMi November 5, 2011 at 2:21 am #

I LOVE double braids. LOVE them.
    So did you fly to NY and then cross country or did they go the other way? LOL

9. thecookinglife November 6, 2011 at 5:50 pm #

hi there! i found your blog through “hey, sweet pea” and i have to say i love it! i don't consider myself to be very fashionable and needs lots of encouragement and inspiration. just wanted to say that you've provided both! i just tried this hairstyle and i love it. 🙂

10. Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers November 7, 2011 at 3:33 pm #

I will definitely have to give this one a try!!! I love that you're doing hairstyles, because you have dark hair like me and most of the time the people that I've seen giving hairstyle tips have blonde hair. It's nice to see what a hairstyle will look like with darker hair. Thanks for posting this!

11. PeggyJean November 9, 2011 at 9:48 pm #

I love this and can't Wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

-peggy

12. Lindsay November 14, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I featured this today from the Show & Share party–

13. Marie November 15, 2011 at 6:00 am #

Love the double braid! I'll be featuring it on my blog this week so come grab a featured button!

Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

14. Jennifer November 16, 2011 at 6:38 am #

So great!! I forgot to say I love your new bangs! 🙂

15. Ty and Whitty November 16, 2011 at 5:00 pm #

I adore this hairstyle it is amazing. And the video tutorial is just wonderful. Thank you for linking up to our party show and share. I am stopping by to let you know that I featured you on my so make sure to stop by see what I wrote and grab a feature button from my side bar. Thank you

A mommy's life…with a touch of yellow
    Tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

1. Double Braided Headband for Short Hair | Ma Nouvelle Mode - June 6, 2012

[…] with our small handful of style options. Today I will be showing you my short haired version of the Double Braided Headband (and if you have long hair you may want to go check out Natalia’s post for […]

2. Ways to Wear Braids | Ma Nouvelle Mode - March 10, 2013

[…] Rachel McAdam’s-esque style is super easy, great style for summer or second or third (or 4th or 5th!) day hair. Perfect for […]

3. 20 Cute And Comfortable Braided Headband Hairstyles - November 19, 2015