Big and poofy side French Braid

I saw this beautiful picture on Pinterest and thought ‘I just have to do this.’  I love how it is simple and beautiful and something a bit different without being too complicated.  So I tried it.  I still like hers better but I am telling myself that she had professionals and lots of hands and products whereas I have only two and bad lighting…

Here is my take.  I did a reverse braid so it would look bigger and my hair isn’t nearly as long.  But seriously people, I loved it.  Super easy and super practical for this mommy of two boys.

Eli really wanted to be in these pictures.  Like his jammies?  They’re extra fast.

Look at that mean mug, he’s like my body guard or something.

Body guards need love too.  Love my little man.

So I made a video.  It is easy enough and I am sure you could get it without it, but sometimes it helps, ya know?  Disclaimer, I know my bathroom is really ugly.  The French happen to have great fashion when it comes to clothes and such.  However, when it comes to interior design.  Not so much.

What do you think?  This is something you would try?

I would love if you have any suggestions, send them my way.  A picture of a famous person’s hair that you like, I’ll try and do it!  You can send them to Natalia{at}manouvellemode{dot}com.  Can’t wait to see what challenges you send my way!

Oh and Pinterest Party tomorrow! Maybe I should link this up to my own party.  Would that be bad?
Happy Wednesday!
pleated poppy
Follow Ma Nouvelle Mode

Natalia

Natalia

Owner & Author
Natalia is a mom to two crazy boys and wife to one handsome dude. She lives in France part of the year where her husband plays professional basketball, but she hails from Southern California. The hubs was born & raised in Nassau, Bahamas, which makes them an intercultural, interracial family traveling the globe together since 2007. She loves to cook (but mostly eat), hang with her fam, be adventurous, & find ways to stay girlie in a house full of men. On her site you can find loads of hair tutorials, makeup ideas, & fashion tips for the everyday woman. She believes that beauty and fashion don't have to be intimidating and that every woman should learn to embrace her own beauty.
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia

Latest posts by Natalia (see all)

, , ,

28 Responses to Big and poofy side French Braid

1. Ashley October 19, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

you did good girl! looks awesome! and, your sons hair is soooo cute! i adore the curls!

2. Hannah October 19, 2011 at 1:28 pm #

Your hair is BEAUTIFUL! And so are you and your little family :)

3. Cassi October 19, 2011 at 1:31 pm #

I love this. I just scheduled a hair cut for tomorrow and now this makes me not want to get one.

4. Mimzy Wimzy October 19, 2011 at 2:05 pm #

So cute!!! …. Oh wait, am I supposed to be looking at the hair and not Eli? Kidding, sort of. Eli is too, too cute! Pajamas and all! I do however, love the hair!!!!

5. Jenny October 19, 2011 at 3:45 pm #

I love this. Great video. You've inspired me to think about actually spending some time on my hair in the morning. Off to check out some more of your hair tutorials.

6. ilene @ muchloveilly October 19, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

beautiful! i need to try this look – i'm loving it so much!

7. lowercase letters October 19, 2011 at 4:23 pm #

oh. wow. i LOOOOVE this! come do it to my hair please!! :) {my hair is in a messy braid right now! lol}
    thanks for the follow! i'm returning the favor:)

GIVEAWAY! southernpinky.blogspot.com

8. Pia October 19, 2011 at 4:28 pm #

Love this! The side braid looks great on you. I'll have to try it as well! :)

9. rachel june* October 19, 2011 at 4:50 pm #

wish i was a little more talented with my hair! this looks beautiful on you. especially love your hair color too!

10. Sarah Rachele October 19, 2011 at 5:32 pm #

Beautiful, love it! I'll have to try this on my daughter, thanks for sharing. :)

11. oaxacaborn October 19, 2011 at 5:48 pm #

I love this a lot…I think I'll try it today!! <3 (And I can't stop ooohing & ahhing over Eli in these pictures!)

12. Anastasia from Natbeesfashion October 19, 2011 at 6:23 pm #

wow that is fantastic. unfortunately my hair are very short so i cant try it!
    Have a look at my blog and if you like it then why dont we follow each other :)
    Have a nice day ♥
    x

13. Whitney October 19, 2011 at 7:17 pm #

I love it! It looks great on you, I want to try it too! Thanks for the video tutorial :)

Whitney
    cwdavenport.blogspot.com

14. Jess October 19, 2011 at 11:10 pm #

I think it looks great and I would totally try it, but likely fail. ;)
    I can braid other people's hair really well, but not my own.

BTW, I am so excited I found your blog… it's wonderful!

Jess
    Stupid Clothes

15. Melodee @ http://polkadotnotebook.blogspot.com/ October 19, 2011 at 11:34 pm #

so pretty!

16. MiMi October 19, 2011 at 11:48 pm #

I think it looks great!
    LOVE the little mean mug. :)
    And you should link it in your own party…tons of people do that!

17. Gina October 20, 2011 at 12:29 am #

LOVE it!

18. Jennifer October 20, 2011 at 5:06 am #

I must say you make it look easy!! Awesome job!!
    And what a cute boydguard!

19. TexaGermaFinlaNadian October 20, 2011 at 7:38 am #

GORGEOUS!!! Ok, watching the video right now. Have to try this, just for kicks. Your videos are so great :)

20. TexaGermaFinlaNadian October 20, 2011 at 7:40 am #

Haha, and just saw your comment on the French bathroom decor. Isn't it just sooooo much fun living in someone else's kitchy apartment for a few months out of the year?! It will really make me appreciate my style at home.

21. Nicole October 20, 2011 at 10:58 pm #

Great job! Gorgeous- your braid and yourself.

22. Aurelie D. October 21, 2011 at 12:41 am #

hey i'm Aurelie and i just discovered your tres belle blog. i love all the hair inspirations! they're just what i'm looking for. keep up the good work :)

23. Anonymous October 22, 2011 at 4:35 am #

Just tried this on my hair today and I LOVED it thanks! I dont have beautiful thick hair like you, mine is fine and pretty dull so I was surprised at how GOOD it looked in this braid! No hair cuts for now(-:

24. Marie October 25, 2011 at 3:57 am #

Oh how I wish my hair would grow faster! Great tutorial! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share! Can't wait to see you again on Wednesday!

Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

25. Mique (as in Mickey) October 28, 2011 at 3:13 am #

I love this look! Thanks so much for linking up to my Pity Party. I'm featuring you tomorrow! xo

26. Cute! It still looks plenty poofy. A lot of hairdos that look great in magazines and pinterest look out of place in real life, yours looks real life wearable.

Sadly my hair is too thin to do anything like that :(
    I'm not good at braiding either, maybe I should practice.

27. Lindsay October 31, 2011 at 10:48 am #

Fantastic braid! I adore big hair!