Front Rope Braid & Braided Headband

I am going on day two of my little buns hairdo I did.  I try to not wash my hair for at least 3 days, and I can’t go much longer than that.

I am going to link this post up to The Pleated Poppy, No Model Lady, and Momma Go Round for an outfit of the week.  I was proud of this outfit because everything in it was from the 30×30!!  Whoop whoop!  It’s a bit fall-ish, and I am liking that even though our weather here isn’t entirely fall weather.  It was kinda nice to wear a scarf and boots.  This is what we like to call California Fall.

Top & leggings: Target; boots: Nordstroms Rack; Scarf: gift; Belt: can’t remember…
I tried two hairstyles today.  The braided headband I wore for the first half of the day.  You can barely see the braids which kinda defeats the purpose, so I think I am going to have to revisit this with some ribbon or something.
This is the rope braid.  You may have seen this around the web a bit, and that’s probably because it is cute and easy!  The video tutorial below is for this one.   I saw it first on My Yellow Sandbox, she has a lot of great hair inspiration and even an e-book!

I hope you are getting some hair inspirations this week!  How is the Hair Challenge going for ya?  Some different each day?  Just one day?  Maybe just an afternoon?  Anything counts!!

Here is the twisted rope braid tutorial: If you’d like to see another look using rope braids, here is how to do a rope braided bun!

Are there any hair styles that you would like to see me try to do?  I would love some suggestions!!  Either leave them in the comments or shoot me an e-mail!  I can’t wait to see all your hairstyles at the link up Friday!!

Natalia

Natalia

Owner & Author
Natalia is a mom to two crazy boys and wife to one handsome dude. She lives in France part of the year where her husband plays professional basketball, but she hails from Southern California. The hubs was born & raised in Nassau, Bahamas, which makes them an intercultural, interracial family traveling the globe together since 2007. She loves to cook (but mostly eat), hang with her fam, be adventurous, & find ways to stay girlie in a house full of men. On her site you can find loads of hair tutorials, makeup ideas, & fashion tips for the everyday woman. She believes that beauty and fashion don't have to be intimidating and that every woman should learn to embrace her own beauty.
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia

Latest posts by Natalia (see all)

, , , ,

20 Responses to Front Rope Braid & Braided Headband

1. TGN September 21, 2011 at 2:56 pm #

You did such a good job with the tutorial and the pictures! I'll live vicariously through you on this one ;)

2. Jordan Streetman September 21, 2011 at 4:18 pm #

You hair looks stunning, I cannot wait to try this style!

3. Kassie September 21, 2011 at 4:19 pm #

OH my goodness. Your hair…AMAZING! I may have to try this when my hair gets long enough!

And your outfit… I love stripes and I love red! =)

4. KY September 21, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

I LOVE THIS! I am definitely going to have to sit down & give this a try :)

5. Natalie @ NS Pottery September 21, 2011 at 7:21 pm #

Oh my goodness, I love that headband braid! I will have to try it!! You're making me want to try new things!!!! :)

6. Shannon Olson September 21, 2011 at 9:19 pm #

Helllo
    I am loving all the differnt hair style and I plan on joining link up with all the crazy stuff I have been doing to my hair =)
    Also I am offering some free ad space on my blog in case you are interested.

7. Tiffany September 21, 2011 at 9:30 pm #

You're adorable and you totally make me want long hair!! lol I love your red and gray outfit, too!

8. MiMi September 21, 2011 at 10:58 pm #

Oooh, the braid headbands are adorable!

9. Nicole September 22, 2011 at 12:32 am #

Girl you have inspired me to try some new things with my hair. So far I have been doing different things the last 2 weeks! Love your braid headband! Great outfit too!

10. Rach @ This Italian Family September 22, 2011 at 2:05 am #

So random! I actually have my hair braided into the rope braid with the bun right now! Fun :)

11. Ania September 22, 2011 at 2:28 am #

I love the outfit, the colour is awesome. And I'm getting great ideas from your blog for my hair.

12. Tracy September 22, 2011 at 3:24 am #

Your hairstyles this week have been so creative and pretty. Thanks for sharing them.

13. Just Jaime September 22, 2011 at 6:07 pm #

This looks SO doable. I saw someone sporting this 'do and I was wondering how it worked. Thanks for the tute!

14. Mama Kat September 23, 2011 at 2:56 am #

Loving your site. :) It was great meeting you at BBC in Denver!! Too funny how many things we had in common.

15. No Model Lady September 23, 2011 at 10:18 pm #

Some days I wish for longer hair! Love the braid!!

16. Yvette @ AquaSeventy6 September 25, 2011 at 2:58 pm #

I love this outfit! It's perfect for our Fabulously Frugal Fall Fashion Challenge this week! Why don't you stop by and add your blog post link to the comments section? We'd love to have you!

17. Aurelie D. October 21, 2011 at 12:48 am #

i love your videos. you have such the charming personality :)

1. 13 Different ways to wear your bangs | Ma Nouvelle Mode - December 5, 2012

[...] side French braid above but a rope braid instead. If you don’t know how, here is a tutorial how to do a rope braid.  I just do one side and pin it up, but you could also just pull a piece from the other side as [...]

2. Copycats cargo love | Librarian for Life and Style - December 28, 2012

[...] yes I’m trying yet another variation of the rope braid. This is the braid style that keeps on giving! This time, I started low on one side and continued [...]

3. Ways to Wear Braids | Ma Nouvelle Mode - January 28, 2013

[...] This is an oldie oldie, but popular! It is my original “how to do a rope braid” video, so maybe that’s why. I probably need to redo the pictures though. I don’t like these ones. Here is the original rope braid post. [...]