Boho Side Braid ~ I’m a stylist…

I am sure you saw the outcome of the photo shoot that I was so privileged to be a part of about a month ago.  I had so much fun doing it the women involved are just incredible.  It is an excellent way to promote your business, specially if you are in the wedding industry.  So I thought was a better way to help my cousin get her little photography business off the ground than a styled shoot.

And I was the stylist!  I put together a vintage 1940’s travel themed shoot.  I thought our model looked beautiful and it was a lot of fun to do.
I thought it was only appropriate to dress like a stylist.  So I got my torn jeans, my baggy shirt, my bangles and hippie tree necklace and I was ready to go.
And to really complete the look, I gave myself a boho side braid.
{I am really totally kidding about dressing like a stylist. I didn’t think that at all, I just happened to feel like a stylist with how I dressed and my hair and all, so I just went with it.}
By the way, my 4 year old son is my photographer.  Not bad, eh?  He might have a future here.  Anyone looking for a 7 foot photographer??  I guess he could get some different angles…
And again, I have a video!  Aren’t you proud of me?  And again I apologize for quality!

So how is my little challenge coming?  I haven’t worn my hair in a regular pony tail since I started my 30×30!!  What kinds of hairstyles have you been trying?  I have some new ones up my sleeve that I saw on Pinterest today.  Can’t wait to try it!

E-mail me a picture of your hair efforts!  I want to feature them!  Even if it is just a cell phone pic, who cares, it’s evidence that you did it!! manouvellemode@gmail.com

Have a Happy Hair Day!!

By the way, here is a sneak peek at the shoot I styled. Isn’t the makeup incredible? And I made her little veil thing and did her hair. So fun!

, , ,

34 Responses to Boho Side Braid ~ I’m a stylist…

1. Anna September 14, 2011 at 10:45 am #

Hahaha, my 4 year old does my shots sometime, it's almost easier to be more natural with them than others isn't it? i love your look – especially love your necklace!!

2. Emily September 14, 2011 at 12:20 pm #

Hahaha I have my 7 year old take my photos i think he may need some tips from your four year old. Love the side braid and can't wait to see the rest of the photo shoot.

3. Ashley @ LaLuce September 14, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

you're so talented girlie… if we ever hung out it would be creativity overload colliding! lol xoxo

4. Beth @ Through the Eyes of the Mrs. September 14, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

Beautiful outfit my dear. My five year old is my photographer most of the time. He wants to start getting paid he says. Stop by http://www.throughtheeyesofthemrs.com
    xoxo

5. Chrissy @ Boerman Ramblings September 14, 2011 at 1:09 pm #

you look hot! as always.. and you did a great job on the photo shoot! love the veil thing!

6. AB HOME Interiors September 14, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

Well I feel left out because I dont have a little one to do all my photography! hehe Love your outfit, seriously cool!

7. GingerPeachT September 14, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

Umm, I'll fly out to you, and you can dress me up in any way just so I can do a photoshoot. Pretty pretty please!!! I'm a size 4, and 5'9. Lol

Lovely outfit and hair…I'm not coordinated enough to do that though.

8. lori September 14, 2011 at 2:55 pm #

stopping by from wiww… LOVE this look, you look great! and that picture is stunning!!

9. Lindsay September 14, 2011 at 3:09 pm #

Love your outfit Tal!!! Looks totally stylish…love the braid and shirt. Wish I could braid like that 🙂
    Cant wait to see the rest of the photoshoot 🙂

10. Hannah @ The New Black September 14, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

You look super cute! Your little guy is quite the photographer. ☺

11. ChristyB September 14, 2011 at 3:49 pm #

Cute, cute outfit and I love your hair!

12. Shannon Olson September 14, 2011 at 4:03 pm #

I love the braid, Looks great! Now I am going to have to watch the video and figure out how to do it on myself =)

13. MiMi September 14, 2011 at 4:06 pm #

I'm sensing a career here for you…you really did fabulous! And, yep, he's a good photog! You look adorable too and that braid makes me wanna grow my hair out!

14. bailey k. September 14, 2011 at 4:17 pm #

ok so i just watched your 3 most recent video hair tutorials and love them all!! and i read the no-heat curls tutorial, and am totally trying that soon.

i would love for you to come link up one of your amazing tutorials at my creativity party going on right now!

letbirdzfly.blogspot.com

thanks so much for sharing!

15. Kelly September 14, 2011 at 5:06 pm #

thanks for the video i needed it. LOL. i have no patience for my long, black, curly hair. i need to start taking the time to pretty myself again lately i'm a train wreck. ha.

16. TexaGermaNadian September 14, 2011 at 6:50 pm #

You hair is so thick and beautiful, I'm jealous. 🙂 Looks great, and so does the shoot!! Look at you, all stylin' and stylin'!

17. Jamie September 14, 2011 at 8:55 pm #

Lovely, just lovely. I'm going to take a look at the photoshoot pics now while I have a sec. I just wrote you but I have deleted the email with your address. Email me when you get a chance!

18. Jamie September 14, 2011 at 8:57 pm #

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the photoshoot pics, “Mimi!” haha. You and your hubs are naturals in front of the camera. How much fun that must have been to pretend to get married all over again!!

19. Pearl Girls September 14, 2011 at 9:04 pm #

That braid is so cute, and I love your no pony tail challenge!

-Liz
    Girls Who Wear Pearls

20. Christina Dely Photography September 14, 2011 at 10:28 pm #

How fun! You always look so amazing! Can't wait to see the pics from the shoot!

21. Emma Louise September 14, 2011 at 10:33 pm #

Can we have a tutorial of your hair in the side pictures? I love the high bun and double hairband effect, and need to try and recreate it for a wedding next month. Just found your blog, but I will be a regular reader now!

22. Mimzy Wimzy September 15, 2011 at 12:53 am #

Love the hair! Actually the whole style. I am hair impaired & have no clue what to do with my hair, ever.

23. The Duty's September 15, 2011 at 12:56 am #

i'm so impressed! i love your braid!!

xoxo
    Jenna Duty

24. Candace Barshaw September 15, 2011 at 3:52 am #

Lovin' the look, Natalia! Can't wait to see the rest of the shoot!!

25. Robyn Rasmussen September 15, 2011 at 4:43 am #

What beautiful hair!!! I am so excited to be your newest follower. . . found you over at Sew Much Ado.
    -Robyn from Tips from the Heart

26. rebekah September 15, 2011 at 11:38 am #

I love your blog – stumbled across it in my internet trawling tonight! 🙂 I am keen to do more with my hair than the usual bun or ponytail! WIll have to try this braid! 🙂 Thanks

27. Ania September 15, 2011 at 12:39 pm #

your outfit is cute and I love the hair. I will have to try it. I've always had short hair so I don't know what to do with long hair. I either wear it down, in a ponytail or buns. I'm getting so many cute ideas from fellow bloggers.

28. Megan September 15, 2011 at 2:55 pm #

how freaking pretty are you!?!?!? your hair looks perfect. i really wanna try some of these soon! im so bored with my blah hair!!! 🙂

29. Michelle September 18, 2011 at 12:12 am #

Love the photos and the hair! I am visiting from Momnivore's Dilemma and I am a new follower! I hope you stop by my Delicately Constructed linky party and share this great project!!
    Hope you have a great weekend!!
    Michelle

30. Ashley@EisyMorgan September 21, 2011 at 1:24 pm #

SO Fab girl! Great photos as well, I am featuring you this week!

31. Shiloh October 19, 2011 at 5:23 pm #

That style looks so nice! I might try it when my hair gets longer. I'm super impressed with your son's photography. Definitely, he might have a future.;)

32. Jennifer October 20, 2011 at 5:09 am #

Awesome,so awesome!! I think I missed this before so thanks for linking it up!! I'm loving the variety you're bringing!!

33. Kristen Duke Photography October 20, 2011 at 9:02 pm #

I followed you over from Southern Lovely because I really want to figure out how to do this hairstyle for myself, then had fun linking over to the styled shoot. I'm a photographer and I'd LOVE someone to style all my shoots!

34. Marie October 25, 2011 at 4:13 am #

Great job on the shoots! They look beautiful! I want my hair to be able to do this 🙂

Marie