What I wore, 30×30 Day 1

I am excited because I have actually been taking pictures of my outfits!!  Wahoo, good for me! Now to edit them and get them up here, that would be great.  The pictures today were edited with the PW actions in photoshop.  Can we just say obsessed??  I am loving all the wonderful things that photoshop can do, it’s incredible! And I know I haven’t even scratched the surface.
I bought this dress at the outlets at the beginning of summer.  Can’t remember what store.  Shoes: target.  Jewelry: forgot.  This was Sunday and I am lucky to get to church 10 minutes late let alone with jewelry on.  So I am calling this a victory.
The only problem with this beautiful dress is that I have to make sure I am keeping my tummy sucked in otherwise it looks like accident #3 would be on the way.  And Lord willing, there will be no accident #3.
I have also added another challenge in my 30×30.  It is to wear a unique )and by unique, I mean unique to me) hairstyle each day.  This means NO plain old pony tail!!  Get creative girl!  And I must say, I have been pretty proud of myself.
Today was the side braid.  Make a deep part on the side of your choice and start the braid on the smaller end.  Braid all the way around and end right before the ear.  Braid all the way down.  Then tuck the remaining braid part up and in and curl left over sections.  Voila!  Easy, right?
Maybe I will make a video, I have been meaning too.
That white piece is my feather I had put in about a month ago.
It was fun to wear my hair kinda funky to church.  And I like this because it is pushing me out of my comfort zone a bit with different hair.  In the past I always thought that would look cute on other people but not me, I couldn’t do it.  But I am just doing it!
Any hairstyles you would like to see?  I am trying to get creative here!!

14 Responses to What I wore, 30×30 Day 1

1. Megan September 7, 2011 at 8:18 am #

holy hot mamma!!! you look stunning as usual! i wish i could pull off a dress like that… you need to give me like 3 inches of your height 🙂

2. Grammy Goodwill September 7, 2011 at 11:12 am #

Great dress – I don't think you have a stomach you could push out, silly.

3. AB HOME Interiors September 7, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

Very cute! I would wear it with some red shoes. Love how it is assymetrical, seems it would help hide stuff!

Your hair is adorable. I suppose you had to have someone help you? Or were able to it yourself?

4. Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims September 7, 2011 at 1:40 pm #

what a fun dress! 🙂

5. Ashley @ LaLuce September 7, 2011 at 2:05 pm #

YOU LOOK LIKE A MODEL!!!!! seriously. you are beautiful. your hair looks like you got it professionally done, looks great, love the outfit 🙂

xoxo
    ashley

6. TexaGermaNadian September 7, 2011 at 3:07 pm #

You rocked this! I don't think most people could, but it looks great on you. This should be fun to see all your looks. Looking forward to it!

7. Shannon Olson September 8, 2011 at 1:00 am #

Your dress looks great and I love the hair! I didn't know there was a new 30 for 30 challenge I might have to try to join again =)

8. Nicole September 8, 2011 at 1:17 am #

cute, cute, cute…all the way around! Love the hair!

9. Christina Dely Photography September 8, 2011 at 3:52 am #

Obsessing over your side braid! It puts my oh-so-exciting french braid to shame! XO

10. Lindsay September 8, 2011 at 7:09 am #

You are definitely rocking your hairstyle challenge. Every picture I see you in, I envy, and sometimes copy, your do. That dress is super cute too! Don't think I could pull it off, but you wear it well. And accident #3…haha so funny.

11. Natalie @ NS Pottery September 8, 2011 at 2:40 pm #

Love your hair!! You are stunning!

12. Momma of The B.M.C. Report September 8, 2011 at 3:06 pm #

Super cute side braid. You look just adorable!

xoxox,
    Maria {The BMC Report}

13. Zara September 8, 2011 at 8:52 pm #

Love the dress!!! And the Hair!!!
    I wish I could do those sidebraids. I get so frustrated with them. You should do a tutorial :-)!!!

OH and photoshop is so much fun <3

14. oaxacaborn September 13, 2011 at 2:46 am #

What a beautiful side braid! A hair challenge would be a CHALLENGE for me! I wear my hair down, uncombed, 90% of the time (I always blow-dry and flat iron my bangs, though).